- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
After getting approval from several expert groups, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the following immunization schedules:
- Children ages newborn to 6 years(What is a PDF document?)
- Children ages 7 years to 18 years(What is a PDF document?)
- Children ages 4 months to 18 years who missed getting some immunizations(What is a PDF document?)
- Adults ages 19 years and older(What is a PDF document?)
Each year, the CDC reviews the immunization schedules for children and adults and makes new ones as needed.
To see what vaccines are needed for children who got some shots in Mexico but now get shots in the U.S., go to the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/binational-schedule-pr.pdf.
Note: Throughout the year, the CDC may update its recommendations or make new ones. For the most current information on each immunization, go to www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/default.htm.
For more information, see the topic Immunizations.
- Accidental Needle Sticks: Chances of Infection
- Ear Problems and Injuries, Age 11 and Younger
- Growth and Development, Ages 15 to 18 Years
- Health and Safety, Ages 2 to 5 Years
- Health and Safety, Birth to 2 Years
- Immunization Schedules
- Immunizations: Questions Parents Ask
- Sickle Cell Disease: Preventing Problems and Staying Healthy
- Vaccine Information Statements
|Primary Medical Reviewer||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||William Atkinson, MD, MPH - Public Health and Preventive Medicine|
|Last Revised||February 16, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 16, 2012|
|Medical Review:||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
William Atkinson, MD, MPH - Public Health and Preventive Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.