- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Importance of Personal Relationships for Lowering Stress
Developing and nurturing your personal relationships can help you lower your stress level. The following suggestions can benefit both your relationships and your mental health:
- Visit with friends and family. Take time to make a phone call, send an email, or write a quick note.
- Make "date" time with your spouse, even though this can be a challenge when you have young children. These dates can be as simple as watching a movie together after your child is in bed. But also consider taking bigger chunks of time when you are able to.
- Make new friends. Establishing new contacts with people who have similar lifestyles can help you feel that someone understands your daily challenges.
- If you feel too exhausted to talk to or relate with the people important to you, tell them. Explain your feelings to them. This communication can help you both feel better.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Steven Locke, MD - Psychiatry|
|Last Revised||May 15, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 15, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
Steven Locke, MD - Psychiatry
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.