- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Infertility: Problems With Fallopian Tubes
Problems with the fallopian tubes are a leading cause of infertility in women. Tubal blockage may be caused by:
- Previous infection (most often a sexually transmitted infection, and sometimes linked with a ruptured appendix).
- Tubal ligation for sterilization or other types of surgery.
- Endometriosis, a common cause of infertility.
- Scarring of fallopian tubes linked with previous pelvic surgery (for ovarian cysts or uterine surgery for fibroids).
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Femi Olatunbosun, MB, FRCSC - Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Last Revised||December 7, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: December 7, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine|
Femi Olatunbosun, MB, FRCSC - Obstetrics and Gynecology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.