- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Medical Conditions That May Cause Back Pain
Medical conditions that can cause back pain include:
- Urinary problems, such as not being able to urinate, burning while urinating, or blood in your urine.
- Problems with the female reproductive organs, such as scarring, overgrowth of tissue that normally lines the uterus (endometriosis), or chronic pelvic pain.
- Abdominal problems, such as appendicitis or gallstones.
- Heart and blood vessel problems, such as a heart attack or a weakened aortic blood vessel that tears (dissects) or bulges (aortic aneurysm).
- Other health problems, such as:
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||David Messenger, MD|
|Last Revised||August 5, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 5, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
David Messenger, MD
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.