- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Medical History for Macular Degeneration
Answers to the questions below help your doctor determine whether you might have a macular problem, such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Have you found that you need more light to read than you have in the past?
- Is it getting harder to recognize people's faces until they are close up?
- Do bright colors appear dim or faded?
- Is there is a "blind" spot in the center of your vision? How long have you had the blind spot?
- Do straight lines look wavy? Do objects appear distorted or smaller than they used to?
- How quickly have these changes in your vision developed? Over several months or weeks? A few days? A few hours?
- Have changes affected just one eye or both?
- Do you smoke? (Smoking increases your risk of AMD.)
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Has anyone else in your family had macular degeneration?
- Are you taking any medicines? Which ones? (Certain medicines can cause temporary vision problems.)
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Steven T. Charles, MD - Ophthalmology|
|Last Revised||July 20, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 20, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Steven T. Charles, MD - Ophthalmology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.