- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Medical History for Osteoporosis
During a medical history for osteoporosis, your doctor will ask about:
- Your overall health.
- Any family history of osteoporosis.
- Risk factors for osteoporosis.
- Any pain or tenderness in your bones or joints.
- Any decrease in your height.
- Any broken bones (fractures).
- What medicines you take.
- What type of exercise you do regularly.
- Your history of smoking and alcohol use.
If you are a woman, your doctor will ask questions about changes in your monthly menstrual periods and whether you have signs of menopause.
If you are a man, your doctor will ask questions about changes in your sexual desire or your ability to function sexually.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Carla J. Herman, MD, MPH - Geriatric Medicine|
|Last Revised||November 6, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: November 6, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
Carla J. Herman, MD, MPH - Geriatric Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.