- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Memory Problems: Wandering
Get a medical ID bracelet for the person so that you can be contacted if he or she wanders away.
- Try to figure out why the person wanders. He or she may be trying to find something specific or looking for a familiar object. A person who wanders at a certain time of day may always have taken a walk or gone to work at that time.
- Lock outside doors, and use alarms and other devices to alert you when the person wanders outdoors or into unsafe areas.
- Provide a safe place for wandering, such as an enclosed yard or garden.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Myron F. Weiner, MD - Psychiatry, Neurology|
|Last Revised||October 29, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 29, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
Myron F. Weiner, MD - Psychiatry, Neurology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.