- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Multiple Sclerosis: Medicines for Fatigue
- Amantadine. This medicine typically has few side effects. When they do occur, they may include dry mouth, blurred vision, urinary retention, fluid retention, and rash.
- Fluoxetine (Prozac). This antidepressant may help reduce fatigue in some people who have MS.
- Modafinil (Provigil). This medicine is used to treat narcolepsy. It has also been used by doctors to treat fatigue in MS.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Barrie J. Hurwitz, MD - Neurology|
|Last Revised||February 15, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 15, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Barrie J. Hurwitz, MD - Neurology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.