- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Pain Control for Paget's Disease
You can help control pain in Paget's disease by:
- Keeping a pain diary. A diary can show patterns such as when your pain is worse and what makes it better or worse. This may help you plan ways to adjust your activities and take your medicines on a schedule that helps control your pain. See an example of a pain diary(What is a PDF document?).
- Using pain medicines. If your doctor or nurse gives you pain medicine, take it exactly as directed. Many people try to wait until pain is very bad before they take medicine for their pain. Pain medicine works best when the level of medicine in the body stays constant. You need to take it before pain becomes severe.
- Changing body positions to see whether certain positions reduce your pain.
- Trying relaxation techniques, such as guided imagery or biofeedback.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Jennifer Hone, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism|
|Last Revised||September 1, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: September 1, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine|
Jennifer Hone, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.