- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Posture: Standing and Walking
The following tips may help you stand and walk using good posture:
- Keep your ear, shoulder, hip, and ankle in a line.
- Avoid locking your knees while standing.
- Try placing one foot on a low stool if you must stand in one position for a long time. Switch feet every few minutes.
- Keep your lower back in the neutral position.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Robert B. Keller, MD - Orthopedics|
|Last Revised||March 12, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: March 12, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
Robert B. Keller, MD - Orthopedics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.