- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Preparing for the Emergency Room
- If possible, call ahead if the medical problem is serious to let emergency room staff know you are coming.
- Call your doctor, if possible. He or she may meet you at the emergency room or call in important information.
- If you think you may have to wait to be seen by a
doctor, take the checklists below, your medical records, and all your medicines with you. While you
are waiting, you can:
- Use the Healthwise Self-Care Checklist to help you think through the problem and report symptoms to the doctor.
- See the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment to organize questions for the doctor.
- Review the medical test checklist in the Shared Decisions About Medical Tests section of the topic Smart Decisions: Know Your Options.
- Use your home medical records to help you talk to your doctor about your medicines, past test results, or treatments. Information about your allergies, medicines, and health conditions may be critical.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||David Messenger, MD|
|Last Revised||March 27, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: March 27, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
David Messenger, MD
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.