- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Preventing Bee Stings
To prevent stings from bees, wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets:
- Avoid flowering plants, gardens, and trees with ripe fruit, where bees spend their time.
- Do not use perfumes, scented soaps, and suntan lotion.
- Do not wear bright colors, flowered prints, and rough-textured fabrics (such as wool), all of which attract bees.
- Do not swat a bee or throw an object at a bee or wasp hive. Bees are more likely to attack if they feel threatened.
- If caught in or near a swarm of bees or wasps, move away with slow, deliberate movements.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 14, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 14, 2011|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.