- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Reducing Biting in Teething Babies
- Swelling, tenderness, or discomfort in the gums at the site of the erupting tooth.
- Increased saliva, which can cause drooling. Drooling may cause a rash to develop on the chin, face, or chest.
- Refusing to eat and drink because of mouth soreness.
- Irritability and trouble sleeping because of the discomfort.
Teething rings or teethers can help ease your baby's discomfort from teething. Many items are available and clearly marked for this purpose. Make sure that items will not pose a choking hazard and are safe to put in a baby's mouth.
Biting or chewing on a clean, frozen washcloth can also help relieve teething pain.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
|Last Revised||March 21, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: March 21, 2012|
|Medical Review:||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.