- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Setting Weight-Loss Goals
Setting goals is an important tool for managing your weight. Think about why you want to lose weight, and then set your goals. Also, prepare for slip-ups.
Ask yourself the following:
- Do your goals focus primarily on behavior changes or on achieving a certain weight?
- Is your main goal to improve your health or your appearance?
- Do your goals include changes you can live with for the rest of your life?
- Are the goals you wish to achieve your goals or someone else's?
- Do you think your life will be better (you will be happier, people will accept you more, your life will be more exciting) if you lose weight?
- Do you think that if you could just lose your extra weight, you would then be able to keep it off?
- Is your appearance more important to you than your health?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Ali Tavakkolizadeh, MD, FRCS - General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery|
|Last Revised||April 6, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: April 6, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Ali Tavakkolizadeh, MD, FRCS - General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.