- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Signs of Stress
The signs of stress can be physical or mental. Some people call this "storing" stress in the body (physical) or in the mind (mental).
Common physical symptoms of stress include:
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Stiff neck and/or tight shoulders.
- Rapid breathing.
- Sweating and sweaty palms.
- Upset stomach, nausea, or diarrhea.
You also may notice signs of stress in your thinking, behavior, or mood. You may:
- Become irritable and intolerant of even minor disturbances.
- Feel irritated or frustrated, lose your temper more often, and yell at others for no reason.
- Feel jumpy or exhausted all the time.
- Find it hard to concentrate or focus on tasks.
- Worry too much about insignificant things.
- Doubt your ability to do things.
- Imagine negative, worrisome, or terrifying scenes.
- Feel you are missing opportunities because you cannot act quickly.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Steven Locke, MD - Psychiatry|
|Last Revised||May 15, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: May 15, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine|
Steven Locke, MD - Psychiatry
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.