- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Learn about substance abuse
Substance abuse is using drugs or alcohol in a way that harms you or that leads you to harm others, like your family or friends. People abuse alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, or over-the-counter drugs. Even using tobacco can be considered substance abuse. People who abuse drugs or alcohol can also become addicted to them. If you think you might have a substance abuse problem, our topics can give you the support you need to help you quit. And if you're worried about someone else, you can find tips in our topics for providing support to others.
For more information, see our substance abuse topics, such as:
- Drug Abuse and Dependence.
- Alcohol and Drug Problems.
- Teen Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
- Quitting Smoking.
- Ideas to Help You Cut Back On or Stop Using Alcohol.
- Interactive Tool: Do You Have a Drinking Problem?
- Quitting Smoking: Helping Someone Quit.
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 24, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.