- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Taking Care of Yourself When Your Child Is Sick
Having a sick child can be very tiring. Taking care of yourself is an important part of helping your child recover. Here are some things to try:
- Share the responsibility of care with your partner, relatives, or other support persons.
- Remember to rest when your child is resting. If you feel uncomfortable about leaving your sleeping child alone, sleep near your infant or sleep in the bed with your older child.
- Talk with your doctor if you feel exhausted and unable to continue to care for your child adequately. This can happen to any parent.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||John Pope, MD - Pediatrics|
|Last Revised||June 25, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: June 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
John Pope, MD - Pediatrics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.