- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Thinking About Child Safety
As children grow and develop, the safety of the home needs to be continually checked. Accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in children younger than age 5. The following questions can help you determine how your child's skills can affect his or her safety in the home:1
- How quickly and how far can the child move?
- How far and how high can the child reach?
- What household objects attract the child's attention?
- What is the child learning to do today that he or she could not do before?
- What can I expect the child to do tomorrow that he or she does not do yet?
- Health and Safety, Ages 2 to 5 Years
- Health and Safety, Birth to 2 Years
- Preschoolers: Helping Your Child Explore
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Thomas Emmett Francoeur, MD, MDCM, CSPQ, FRCPC - Pediatrics|
|Last Revised||January 26, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 26, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics|
Thomas Emmett Francoeur, MD, MDCM, CSPQ, FRCPC - Pediatrics
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.