- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Tips for Improving Vision When You Have Cataracts
Some of these tips might help you adapt to mild vision problems caused by cataracts.
- Reposition room lights and use window shades to avoid glare (on TV screens, computer screens).
- Use table or floor lamps for close reading and other fine work, moving them closer to work or reading areas.
- Use more lighting or higher-watt bulbs for steps and hallways.
- Keep your eyeglass lens prescription current. Replace your prescription before considering cataract surgery.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Carol L. Karp, MD - Ophthalmology|
|Last Revised||August 24, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: August 24, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
Carol L. Karp, MD - Ophthalmology
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.