- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Tips for Picking the Right Activities
- Ask yourself questions to discover your physical activity likes and dislikes.
- Pick an activity that you enjoy or think you might enjoy. You're more likely to keep doing something you like.
- Be sure you have the correct safety gear and good shoes for physical activity.
- Learn about fitness machines you may use (such as a treadmill or a stair-climber). See these tips for buying equipment.
- Learn the proper way to do your activity. And be aware of safety concerns.
To find out how many calories you burn during various activities, use this Interactive Tool: How Many Calories Did You Burn?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science|
|Last Revised||October 25, 2011|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 25, 2011|
|Medical Review:||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.