- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Treating a Bad Taste in Your Mouth
Everyone gets a bad taste in the mouth from time to time. Try the following simple home treatment measures to improve the taste in your mouth:
- Gargle with water.
- Brush your teeth, tongue, roof of your mouth, and gums using toothpaste.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash.
- Drink liquids, chew sugar-free gum or mints, or suck on sour candies.
- Use plastic utensils if you have a bitter or metallic taste when eating.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||David Messenger, MD|
|Last Revised||July 20, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
David Messenger, MD
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.