- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Treating a Hangnail
A hangnail is the strip of skin that separates from the side of the cuticle. Simple home treatment can help prevent problems with hangnails.
- Do not pull at or bite off a hangnail. This may cause the skin to rip.
- Clip off the hangnail neatly with sharp, clean cuticle scissors.
- Massage hand lotion or cream into your cuticles 2 to 3 times each day.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 7, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 7, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.