- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Treating a Nail Infection
Try home treatment if you think you have an infection in the skin around your nail.
- Soak your foot or hand 2 to 3 times each day in a solution of 1 tsp (5 g) of salt dissolved in 4 cup (1 L) warm water. After soaking, apply an antibiotic ointment, such as Bacitracin, and a bandage.
- Do not try to remove any part of the affected nail.
- Remove an artificial nail if you think you have an infection around or under a nail.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||October 7, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 7, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.