- Cigna Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- International Plans
- Offered Cigna Through Work?
- Find a Doctor
- Informed on Reform
- Health and Wellness »
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
Wrist Tendon Injury: Preventing Pain
Inflammation or small tears in a tendon (tendinopathy) can cause wrist pain. Although tendinopathy is a different condition than carpal tunnel syndrome, both can respond to the same home treatment tips:
- Gently warm up your wrists and fingers before beginning an activity. Fan open your fingers. Stretch your wrists forward and back. Do some wrist circles. Repeat these stretches periodically throughout the day.
- Keep your wrists straight rather than bending them while riding a bike, knitting, chopping, using a mouse or keyboard, using various tools, and driving.
- Take frequent breaks from activities that require repetitive wrist and finger motions.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Kenneth J. Koval, MD - Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma|
|Last Revised||October 16, 2012|
|By:||Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: October 16, 2012|
|Medical Review:||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
Kenneth J. Koval, MD - Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma
© 1995-, Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.