Nutritional counseling is the development of a healthy diet plan
that fits a person's or family's needs. A registered dietitian provides
nutritional counseling services.
A healthy diet plan will consider:
- Height and weight. Growth trends over time give
the most useful information.
- Current medical conditions, such as
high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, or
- Level of physical activity or
- Appetite and food likes and
- Lifestyle, culture, and how foods are prepared and
- Locally available foods.