Pediatricians are medical doctors who specialize in the care of
Pediatricians can treat children who have any type of problem, or they
may specialize in specific areas, such as:
- Adolescent medicine (conditions and diseases
common to teenagers).
- Cardiology (diseases and conditions of the
heart and blood vessels).
- Developmental disorders (behavior,
communication, and mental disorders in children).
(diseases of the endocrine glands, which regulate
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive
- Infectious disease (complex
- Nephrology (diseases of the kidney and urinary
- Oncology (cancer).
Pediatricians can be board-certified through the Board of
Pediatrics, which is recognized by the American Board of Medical