Symptoms of Serious Illness
Immediate medical care may be needed if a headache, vomiting,
fever, or a seizure occurs along with another serious illness. Symptoms of a
serious illness include:
- Severe neck stiffness or
- Confusion or extreme irritability.
- Persistent nausea or vomiting.
sensitivity to light (photophobia).
- Unsteadiness that prevents
standing or walking (ataxia or vertigo).
- New double vision, blurred
vision, or blind spots.
- Very rapid, difficult
- Severe pain.
- New and different skin rash or
- New swelling, pain, redness, or warmth in one or more