Cigna Disability Income Needs Calculator
Have you thought about what could happen to you or your family if you were unable to work due to illness or injury?
Disability income facts:
- Just over 1 in 4 of today's 20 year-olds are expected to become disabled before they retire. 1
- 65% of working Americans say they could not cover normal living expenses even for a year if their employment income was lost;
38% could not pay their bills for more than 3 months. 2
- Over 37 million Americans are classified as disabled; about 12% of the total population. 3
If you are like many people, you may not have a lot of money in savings to tide you over if you miss work because of an injury or illness. When you can't work - even for a short period of time - things can get very difficult very quickly.
You may think you have enough in savings, but will it cover your bills and day-to-day living expenses? To get a better idea of how much you rely on your income each month, try our Disability Income Needs Calculator.
1. Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet February 7, 2013
2. CDA, Disability Divide Consumer Disability Awareness Study, 2010
3. U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2011
"Cigna" and the "Tree of Life" logo are registered service marks of Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc., licensed for use by Cigna Corporation and its operating subsidiaries. All products and services are provided by or through such operating subsidiaries, including Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and not by Cigna Corporation.
© 2013 Cigna.
Disability Income Needs Calculator
The following tool provides an estimate of your income protection needs. As you enter your information, the calculator will update automatically to reflect your input. The final field represents an estimate of your monthly income surplus/shortfall should you be unable to work due to illness or injury. For a more comprehensive assessment, consult with an insurance professional or financial representative.
Cigna's Disability Needs Calculator provides only an estimate of your disability income needs. The results are an estimate based on a fixed assumption of income and other factors (not including inflation). Actual income benefits are subject to the terms of the insurance policy.