We're Here to Help
Find the Right Plan
Use our Plan E-Valuator to find a plan that fits your needs.Get Started
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Schedule a time
to have a licensed
Cigna agent call you
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
2014 Dental Insurance: myCigna Dental 1000 Plan Details
Individual | Family$50** Individual | $150** Family
Annual Benefit Maximum
Individual | Family$1,000 per person Individual
Lifetime Individual Orthodontia DeductibleNot Covered
per person, per month
When you want to reduce expenses…
You’re on board with dental care. You know it’s important. But you want to keep dental expenses under control. With this plan, you cover yourself and your family for preventive, diagnostic and restorative services. And if anyone needs orthodontia care, you may be eligible for a network discount.
- 100% coverage for all annual exams, routine x-rays, and cleanings with no waiting period, once your plan is effective.1
- $50 individual/$150 family annual deductible is waived for preventive and diagnostic services, which helps keep expenses low.
- After the deductible, Cigna covers—up to $1,000—for crowns, bridges, fillings, root canals and dentures.
- Discounts may apply to orthodontia services (in many states), to put a smile on your face.
- If you have records of dental insurance before you joined Cigna, we will waive the waiting period so you can start accessing your services right away rather than having to wait 6 months for basic restorative services or a year for major restorative services.
In every myCigna plan...
to help keep you smiling…
It's easier to manage your dental care with:
- Convenient billing and payments. Get your medical and dental insurance statements on one bill. Of course, if you have a dental plan and no medical, you will only receive a dental statement.
- No claims submissions. Cigna network dentists submit claims automatically.
- No need to choose a primary dentist.And no referrals needed for specialist care.
- Freedom to choose a dentist from our large national network or you have the option to select a dentist outside the network. Keep in mind, you’ll save the most if you stay in-network.
- 24/7 live customer service for dental benefits and claims information. Call 1.800.244.6224 anytime.
- Online access with myCigna.com. View your bills and claims online, anytime—and pay your bills online, too.
- Mobile access on the go. Find a dentist, check coverage and show your ID card with the myCigna Mobile app.2
Cigna promotes a holistic approach to well-being. If you have these medical conditions, Cigna may provide additional dental services: heart disease, diabetes, maternity, head and neck cancer, stroke, chronic kidney disease and organ transplants.
1Frequency limitations apply.
2The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
|Individual annual deductible||$50 per person (waived for preventive services)||$50 per person (waived for preventive services)|
|Family annual deductible||$150 per family (waived for preventive services)||$150 per family (waived for preventive services)|
|Annual Benefit Maximum||$1,000 per person||$1,000 per person|
|Separate lifetime individual orthodontia deductible||Orthodontia not covered||Orthodontia not covered|
|Preventive/Diagnostic Services Waiting Period||No waiting period||No waiting period|
|Preventive Diagnostic Services (Oral exams, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride application, sealants, non-orthodontic space maintainers)||You pay 0%, deductible waived||You pay 0% (for North Carolina, you pay 5%), deductible waived|
|Oral Exams||1 per consecutive 6-month period|
|Routine Cleanings||1 routine prophy or perio maintenance procedure per consecutive 6-month period (routine prophy is Class I; perio prophy is Class II)|
|Routine X-Rays||Bitewings: 1 set in any consecutive 12-month period. Limited to a maximum of 4 films per set|
|Fluoride Treatment||1 per consecutive 12 months for participants younger than age 14|
|Sealants||1 treatment per tooth per lifetime. Payable on unrestored permanent bicuspid or molar teeth only up to age 14|
|Space Maintainers (non-orthodontic)||Limited to non-orthodontic treatment for prematurely removed or missing teeth for a person less than 14 years old|
|Basic Restorative Services Waiting Period||6-month waiting period||6-month waiting period|
|Basic Restorative Services (Fillings, non-routine x-rays) In-network discounts apply||You pay 20% after deductible||You pay 20% (for North Carolina, you pay 25%) after deductible|
|Fillings||1 per tooth per 12 consecutive months (applies to replacement of identical surface fillings only). No white/tooth colored fillings on bicuspid or molar teeth|
|Non-routine X-Rays||Full mouth or Panorex: 1 per 60 consecutive months|
|Major Restorative Services Waiting Period||12-month waiting period||12-month waiting period|
|Major Restorative Services
In-network discounts apply
|You pay 50% after deductible||You pay 50% (for North Carolina, you pay 55%) after deductible|
|Crowns and Inlays||Replacement limited to 1 per 84 consecutive months. Benefits are based on the amount payable for non-precious metals. No porcelain or white/tooth-colored material on molar crowns or bridges. Replacement must be indicated by major decay. For participants less than age 16, benefits limited to resin or stainless steel|
|Root Canal Therapy/Endodontics||Root canal re-treatment 1 per 24 consecutive months, if necessity demonstrated|
|Minor Periodontics||Root planing—1 per quadrant per 36 consecutive months|
|Major Periodontics||1 per 36 consecutive months per area of the mouth (same service)|
|Relines, Rebases||Covered if more than 12 months after installation; 1 per 36 consecutive months|
|Adjustments||Covered if more than 12 months after installation; 1 per 12 consecutive months|
|Repairs — Bridges and Dentures||Covered if more than 12 months after installation|
|Dentures and Partials||Replacement limited to 1 per 84 consecutive months, if unserviceable and cannot be repaired.|
|Bridges||Replacement limited to 1 per 84 consecutive months, if unserviceable and cannot be repaired. Benefits are based on the amount payable for non-precious metals. No porcelain or white/tooth-colored material on molar crowns or bridges|
|Orthodontia Waiting Period||Does not apply||Does not apply|
In-network discounts apply
|You pay 100%||Not covered|
|Orthodontia Individual Lifetime Maximum||Orthodontia not covered||Orthodontia not covered|
|Orthodontia||The total amount payable for all expenses incurred for orthodontics during a person’s lifetime will not be more than the orthodontia maximum|
You may pay more for out-of-network charges if the dentist’s charges exceed the amount Cigna reimburses for billed services.
You may be eligible to waive the waiting period with prior qualified coverage, not applicable to orthodontia.
This summary contains highlights only and is subject to change.
**Waived for preventive services
†Monthly rate is based on a single person and represents Cigna's national average rate for each plan using an average age. Valid through December 31, 2014.