We're Here to Help
Looking for information?
Need a quote? Ready to enroll?
Are you a current Cigna Customer?
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Have a licensed Cigna agent call youGet Started
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Dental Insurance: Cigna Dental 1000 Plan Details
Individual | Family$50** Individual | $150** Family
Annual Benefit Maximum
Individual | Family$1,000 per person Individual
Lifetime Individual Orthodontia DeductibleNot Covered
per person, per month
|Individual annual deductible||$50 per person (waived for preventive services)||$50 per person (waived for preventive services)|
|Family annual deductible||$150 per family (waived for preventive services)||$150 per family (waived for preventive services)|
|Annual Benefit Maximum||$1,000 per person||$1,000 per person|
|Separate lifetime individual orthodontia deductible||Orthodontia not covered||Orthodontia not covered|
|Preventive/Diagnostic Services Waiting Period||No waiting period||No waiting period|
|Preventive Diagnostic Services (Oral exams, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride application, sealants, non-orthodontic space maintainers)||You pay 0%, deductible waived||You pay 0% (for North Carolina, you pay 5%), deductible waived|
|Oral Exams||1 per consecutive 6-month period|
|Routine Cleanings||1 routine prophylaxis or periodontal maintenance procedure per consecutive 6-month period (routine prophylaxis is Class I; periodontal maintenance procedure is Class III).|
|Routine X-Rays||Bitewings: 1 set in any consecutive 12-month period. Limited to a maximum of 4 films per set|
|Fluoride Treatment||1 per consecutive 12 months for participants less than age 14|
|Sealants||1 treatment per tooth per lifetime. Payable on unrestored permanent bicuspid or molar teeth for participants less than age 14|
|Space Maintainers (non-orthodontic)||Limited to non-orthodontic treatment for prematurely removed or missing teeth for a person less than 14 years old|
|Basic Restorative Services Waiting Period||6-month waiting period **||6-month waiting period **|
|Basic Restorative Services (Fillings, non-routine x-rays)||You pay 20% after deductible||You pay 20% (for North Carolina, you pay 25%) after deductible|
|Fillings||1 per tooth per 12 consecutive months (applies to replacement of identical surface fillings only). No white/tooth colored fillings on bicuspid or molar teeth|
|Non-routine X-Rays||Full mouth or Panorex: 1 per 60 consecutive months|
|Routine Tooth Extraction||Includes an allowance for local anesthesia and routine postoperative care|
|Emergency Treatment||Paid as a separate benefit only if no other service, except x-rays, is rendered during the visit|
**For West Virginia customers, 3-month waiting period applies. For Missouri and Rhode Island customers, waiting period does not apply.
|Major Restorative Services Waiting Period||12-month waiting period **||12-month waiting period **|
|Major Restorative Services||You pay 50% after deductible||You pay 50% (for North Carolina, you pay 55%) after deductible|
|Periodontal (Deep Cleaning)||1 per quadrant per consecutive 36 month period|
|Periodontal Maintenance||Payable only if a consecutive 6 month period has passed since the completion of active periodontal surgery. 1 periodontal maintenance or routine prophylaxis procedure per consecutive 6 month period (periodontal maintenance procedure is Class III; routine prophylaxis is Class I)|
|Crowns||1 per tooth per consecutive 84 month period. Benefits are based on the amount payable for non-precious metals. No porcelain or white/tooth-colored material on molar crown or bridges. Replacement must be indicated by major decay. For participants less than 16, benefits limited to resin or stainless steel|
|Root Canal Therapy||1 per tooth per lifetime|
|Wisdom Tooth Extraction||Includes an allowance for local anesthesia and routine postoperative care|
|Dentures and Partials||1 per arch per consecutive 84 month period|
|Bridges||1 per consecutive 84 month period. Benefits will be considered for the initial replacement of a Necessary Functioning Natural Tooth extracted while the person was covered under this plan|
**For West Virginia customers, 3-month waiting period applies. For New Jersey and Vermont customers, 6-month waiting period applies. For Missouri and Rhode Island customers, waiting period does not apply.
|Orthodontia Waiting Period||Does not apply||Does not apply|
|Orthodontia||You pay 100% (discounts may apply)*||You pay 100%|
|Orthodontia Individual Lifetime Maximum||Orthodontia not covered||Orthodontia not covered|
|Orthodontia||The total amount payable for all expenses incurred for orthodontics during a person’s lifetime will not be more than the orthodontia maximum|
**For Maryland customers, please refer to Summary of Benefits for Frequency/Limitation information.
You may pay more for out-of-network charges if the dentist’s charges exceed the amount Cigna reimburses for billed services.
You may be eligible to waive the waiting period with prior qualified coverage, not applicable to orthodontia.
This summary contains highlights only and is subject to change.
When you want to reduce expenses…
You’re on board with dental care. You know it’s important. But you want to keep dental expenses under control. With this plan, you cover yourself and your family for preventive, diagnostic and restorative services. And if anyone needs orthodontia care, you may be eligible for a network discount.
- 100% in-network coverage for all annual exams, routine x-rays, and cleanings with no waiting period, once your plan is effective.1
- $50 individual/$150 family annual deductible is waived for preventive and diagnostic services, which helps keep expenses low.
- After the deductible, Cigna covers—up to $1,000—for crowns, bridges, fillings, root canals and dentures.
- Discounts may apply to orthodontia services (in many states), to put a smile on your face.
- If you have records of dental insurance before you joined Cigna, we will waive the waiting period so you can start accessing your services right away rather than having to wait 6 months for basic restorative services or a year for major restorative services.2
Cigna promotes a holistic approach to well-being. The myCigna Dental plans may provide additional dental services through the Cigna Oral Health Integration Program®* if you have any of the following qualifying medical conditions: heart disease, diabetes, maternity, head and neck cancer, stroke, chronic kidney disease and organ transplants.
* The Oral Health Integration Program (OHIP) may not be available in all areas. Reimbursement under OHIP is subject to dental plan terms and conditions, including applicable annual benefit maximums and other exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, see your plan documents or contact your Cigna representative.
In every myCigna plan...
to help keep you smiling…
It's easier to manage your dental care with:
- Convenient billing and payments. Get your medical and dental insurance statements on one bill. Of course, if you have a dental plan and no medical, you will only receive a dental statement.
- No claims submissions. Cigna network dentists submit claims automatically.
- No need to choose a primary dentist.And no referrals needed for specialist care.
- Freedom to choose a dentist from our large national network or you have the option to select a dentist outside the network. Keep in mind, you’ll save the most if you stay in-network.
- 24/7 live customer service for dental benefits and claims information. Call 1.800.244.6224 anytime.
- Online access with myCigna.com. View your bills and claims online, anytime—and pay your bills online, too.
- Mobile access on the go. Find a dentist, check coverage and show your ID card with the myCigna Mobile app.3
1Frequency limitations apply.
2For West Virginia customers, 3-month waiting period applies to basic and major restorative services. For New Jersey and Vermont customers, 6-month waiting period applies to major restorative services. For Missouri and Rhode Island customers, waiting periods do not apply.
3The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
**Waived for preventive services
†Monthly rate is based on a single person and represents Cigna's national average rate for each plan using an average age. Valid through December 31, 2015.