After working all those years, you’re free! The years ahead are your own to enjoy. But there’s the issue of health insurance. If you’ve had employer-sponsored health insurance, you may be wondering, “What should I do now?”
You will need early retirement health insurance until you qualify for Medicare—and Cigna can help. We’ll clear up your concerns by helping you choose a plan that’s right for you. When it’s time, we’ll tell you when and how to apply for Medicare.
You can save money by choosing a doctor who participates in our provider network. Plus, you can get discounts for adopting healthy habits, to stay strong and enjoy the adventures ahead.
That’s just the start. You’ll get plenty more benefits with Cigna’s plans.
What's in store for 2014…
For 2014, we have created a smaller network with a limited number of providers so we can pass the resulting savings on to you. 2013 plans have Cigna's Open Access Network, while 2014 reform plans have Cigna's smaller LocalPlus Network. Don't let the name fool you — the network is local, but also available in other states. If you're away from home, you can still visit a LocalPlus doctor or facility.
When you choose a doctor or hospital in Cigna's LocalPlus Network,* you'll pay less out of pocket for providers who have been selected for this network.
Your current doctor may not be in the LocalPlus network, but you'll find many pre-screened quality choices in your area. To find providers in the LocalPlus network, including participating providers when you are away from home, please review the LocalPlus Network flyer, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
*available only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Tennessee and Texas.
Health Savings Plans allows you to maximize your savings now and in the future with these high deductible plans. Plans offer low premiums and 100% coverage on qualified health services (excluding non-preferred drugs) once you’ve reached your deductible. And they’re paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA), which helps you budget and save for current and future health care costs.
myCigna Health Flex Plans are just that: flexible. These plans offer a wide choice of plan options to balance your needs for affordability and access to care, making them a favorite to those who value flexibility.
Copay Assure Plans are a good choice if you like the simplicity and security of knowing what you’ll pay when you seek care. The simple, straight-forward design of these plans makes them easy to understand and use. And with no deductible to meet and fixed out-of-pocket costs when you seek care, these plans provide the most predictable expenses.
With these new plans from Cigna, you can find one that fits the unique person you are, so you can focus on the best things in your life.
You can buy a 2014 plan today, and your policy will take effect on January 1, 2014, to start the new year off right.
Looking for coverage today?
You’ll find Cigna’s Open Access, Open Access Value, and Health Savings Plans are great for individuals. If you buy a 2013 plan now before December 15, 2013, you can keep it for 2014.
Benefit-packed health insurance for retirees
We make sure early retirees have valuable health benefits, including:
- The option to buy dental insurance. Choose benefits and premium levels to meet your needs and budget. No waiting period if you’ve had 12-months of continuous prior coverage (excludes orthodontia benefits). Save the most when you visit one of our in-network dentists from our large dental network. Discounted rates on out-of-network care when you see a dentist in our Dental Network Savings Program. Oral Health Integration Program included with every plan.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send your prescription drugs right to your home. You could save on 90-day refills of medications you take every day with our home delivery service. It’s easy and convenient.
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you—customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also lets you access information specific to your plan.
- Discounts on our health and wellness programs.** Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco counseling, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a specialist who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions – including finding a doctor or hospital in your area or while you’re traveling. Out of the country? Just call collect.
If you’re confused about health care reform, don’t worry. The world of health insurance is changing, it’s true. You may be affected. Some people are not. Learn what the new health care reform law may mean for you.
Ready to buy early retirement health insurance?
First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
You might want to ask yourself:
- Is someone in my family expecting surgery?
- How often does my family visit doctors?
- Does anyone have an ongoing health condition?
- Will we need home health care or skilled nursing this year?
- Have I talked to my doctor about prescription generics?
- Does my family also need dental insurance?
- How and when should I apply for Medicare?
- Will we be eligible for federal financial assistance?
These are the basics that affect your choice of early retirement health insurance coverage. Once you have those pinned down, take a look at our medical and dental plans. Or, get an online individual health insurance quote.
Got Questions? Call us
Online information is great. But talking with a real person is even better. If you have questions about your early retirement health insurance quote, call 1.877.683.2268, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, to speak to a licensed agent.
You might want to ask us:
- Is my doctor part of your network?
- What are the deductibles? You’ll pay this amount each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? After you meet your deductible, you pay this percentage of the covered costs.
- Is there a copay? This is a flat fee you pay for doctor visits or prescription drugs. You may pay co-insurance, too.
Don’t worry. There are clear-cut answers to these questions. We’ll help steer you to the early retirement health insurance plan that fits your needs. And, when it’s time, we’ll tell you how to apply for Medicare.
You can worry about the important things—like keeping up with the grandkids and improving your golf game!
*The downloading and use of the myCigna Mobile App is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
** Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.