Early Retirement Health Insurance
After working all those years, you’re free! The years ahead are your own to enjoy. But there’s the issue of health insurance. If you’ve had employer-sponsored health insurance, you may be wondering, “What should I do now?”
You will need early retirement health insurance until you qualify for Medicare—and Cigna can help. We’ll help you choose a health insurance plan that’s right for you. When it’s time, we’ll tell you when and how to apply for Medicare.
You can save money by choosing a doctor who participates in our provider network. Plus, you can get discounts for adopting healthy habits, to stay strong and enjoy the adventures ahead.
That’s just the start. You’ll get plenty more benefits with Cigna’s plans.
Health Insurance Provider Networks
If you reside in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas, Cigna offers a smaller LocalPlus Network with a limited number of providers. Don't let the name fool you — the network is local, but if you're away from home, you can still visit a LocalPlus doctor or facility (where available). When outside the LocalPlus Network, you may use the Open Access Plus network for in-network benefits.
When you choose a doctor or hospital in Cigna's LocalPlus Network, you'll pay less out-of-pocket for providers who participate in this network.
Your current doctor may not be in the LocalPlus Network, but you'll find many quality in-network providers in your area. To find providers in the LocalPlus Network, including participating providers when you are away from home, please review the LocalPlus Network flyer, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
If you reside in Connecticut, Maryland, North Carolina, or South Carolina, Cigna offers the Open Access Plus national network. When you receive care from an Open Access Plus provider, you will receive in-network savings. To find providers in the Open Access Plus network, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
Health plans to meet your needs
Health Savings Plans allow you to maximize your savings now and in the future with these high deductible insurance plans. Health Savings Plans offer lower premiums and 100% coverage on qualified health services (excluding non-preferred drugs) once you’ve reached your annual deductible. And they’re paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA), which helps you budget and save for current and future health care costs.
Health Flex Plans are just that: flexible. These insurance plans offer a wide choice of plan options to balance your needs for affordability and access to care, making them a favorite to those who value flexibility.
Copay Assure Plans are a good choice if you like the simplicity and security of knowing what you’ll pay when you seek care. The simple, straight-forward design of these plans makes them easy to understand and use. And with no deductible to meet and fixed out-of-pocket costs when you seek care, these plans provide the most predictable expenses.
With these new plans from Cigna, you can find one that fits you, so you can focus on what's important in your life.
Benefit-packed health insurance for early retirees
We make sure early retirees have access to valuable health benefits, including:
- The option to buy dental insurance. Choice of benefits and premium levels to meet your needs and budget. Save the most when you visit one of our in-network dentists from our large dental network. Cigna's Oral Health Integration Program is included with every dental insurance plan.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery PharmacySM. If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send your prescription drugs right to your home. You could save on 90-day refills of medications you take every day with our home delivery service. It’s easy and convenient.
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you—customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also lets you access information specific to your plan.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a nurse who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions – including finding a doctor or hospital in your area or while you’re traveling.
*The downloading and use of the myCigna Mobile App is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Ready to buy health insurance?
First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
You might want to ask yourself:
- Will I need surgery this year?
- Will I need multiple doctors visits this year?
- Do I have an ongoing health condition?
- Will I need home health care or skilled nursing this year?
- Have I talked to my doctor about prescription generics?
- Do I also need dental insurance?
- How and when should I apply for Medicare?
- Will I be eligible for federal financial assistance?
These are the basics that affect your choice of early retirement health insurance coverage. Once you have those pinned down, take a look at our medical and dental plans. Or, get an online individual health insurance quote.
If you’re confused about health care reform, don’t worry. The world of health insurance is changing, it’s true. You may be affected. Some people are not. Learn what the health care reform law may mean for you.
Got Questions? Call us
Online information is great. But talking with a real person is even better. If you have questions about your early retirement health insurance quote, call 1.877.683.2268, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, to speak to a licensed Cigna agent.
You might want to ask us:
- Is my doctor part of your network? You can save by choosing in-network doctors.
- What are the deductibles? You’ll pay this amount each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? After you meet your deductible, you pay this percentage of the covered costs.
- Is there a copay? This is a flat fee you pay for doctor visits or prescription drugs. You may pay coinsurance, too.
Don’t worry. There are clear-cut answers to these questions. We’ll help steer you to the early retirement health insurance plan that fits your needs. And, when it’s time, we’ll tell you how to apply for Medicare.
You can worry about the important things—like keeping up with the grandkids and improving your golf game!
The content on this page is applicable to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company medical plans which use the Cigna Open Access Plus and LocalPlus networks of participating providers.
We're Here to Help
Looking for information?
Need a quote? Ready to enroll?
Are you a current Cigna Customer?
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Have a licensed Cigna agent call youGet Started
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Get Help Choosing a Health Plan
8:00 am - 10:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday to speak with one of our knowledgeable insurance consultants.
Take a few minutes to fill in some basic information and we'll provide a no-obligation quote on affordable health plans.
Know which plan you want? It's easy to apply for affordable health plans with our secure online application process.
Explore how health care reform may impact you.
FIND A DOCTOR
Find a doctor, dentist, hospital, pharmacy or clinic in our network.
Already a Customer?
Log in to myCigna
Manage your health care plan, pay your premium, download forms, print temporary ID cards-and more.
Not registered yet?
Register now or take a site tour.
Go mobile! Get the myCigna Mobile app and take myCigna on the go!
24/7 Customer Service:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday
Add Dental Coverage to Your Plan:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday