Family Health Insurance Plans
Family life can be a joy ride. It can also be a roller coaster—especially when medical issues are in the mix. Cigna can help take the “scare factor” out of the ride.
With our health insurance plans, you’ll get the family health care you need, including medical coverage for when the unexpected occurs.
Cigna offers health insurance plans that fit every family's needs.
Health Insurance Provider Networks
If you reside in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas, Cigna offers a smaller LocalPlus Network with a limited number of providers. Don't let the name fool you — the network is local, but if you're away from home, you can still visit a LocalPlus doctor or facility (where available). When outside the LocalPlus Network, you may use the Open Access Plus network for in-network benefits.
When you choose a doctor or hospital in Cigna's LocalPlus Network, you'll pay less out-of-pocket for providers who participate in this network.
Your current doctor may not be in the LocalPlus Network, but you'll find many quality in-network providers in your area. To find providers in the LocalPlus Network, including participating providers when you are away from home, please review the LocalPlus Network flyer, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
If you reside in Connecticut, Maryland, North Carolina, or South Carolina, Cigna offers the Open Access Plus national network. When you receive care from an Open Access Plus provider, you will receive in-network savings. To find providers in the Open Access Plus network, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
Health Plans to Meet Your Needs
Health Savings Plans allows you to maximize your savings now and in the future with these high deductible insurance plans. Health Savings Plans offer lower premiums and 100% coverage on qualified health services (excluding non-preferred drugs) once you’ve reached your annual deductible. And they’re paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA), which helps you budget and save for current and future health care costs.
Health Flex Plans are just that: flexible. These insurance plans offer a wide choice of plan options to balance your needs for affordability and access to care, making them a favorite to those who value flexibility.
Copay Assure Plans are a good choice if you like the simplicity and security of knowing what you’ll pay when you seek care. The simple, straight-forward design of these plans makes them easy to understand and use. And with no deductible to meet and fixed out-of-pocket costs when you seek care, these plans provide the most predictable expenses.
With these plans from Cigna, you can find one that fits your family, so you can focus on what's important in your life.
More from Cigna…to help keep you healthy…
When you buy health insurance from Cigna, you get benefits to keep you healthy. Cigna also offers:
- The option to buy dental insurance. Choose benefits and premium levels to meet your needs and budget. Save the most when you visit one of our in-network dentists from our large dental network. Cigna’s Oral Health Integration Program is included with every plan.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery PharmacySM. When you need the convenience, we'll send your prescription drugs to your home. You could save on 90-day refills of medications you take regularly with our home delivery service. It’s easy and convenient
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you—customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also lets you access information specific to your plan.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a nurse who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions - including finding a doctor or hospital in your area or while you’re traveling.
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Ready to start?
You're ready to choose a family health insurance plan. First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
You might want to ask yourself:
- Is someone in your family expecting surgery?
- Does your family also need dental insurance that covers regular cleanings and helps cover the cost of filling the kids’ cavities?
- How often does your family visit doctors?
- Does anyone have an ongoing health condition?
- Will you qualify for federal financial assistance?
These are the basics that affect your choice of family health insurance coverage. Once you have those pinned down, take a look at our medical and dental plans. Or, get an online individual health insurance quote.
If you’re confused about health care reform, don’t worry. The world of health insurance is changing, it’s true. You may be affected. Some people are not. Learn what the health care reform law may mean for you.
Questions? We're here to help!
Online information is great. But talking with a real live human is even better. If you have questions about your family health insurance quote, call 1.877.683.2268, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, to speak to a licensed Cigna agent.
You might want to ask us:
- When can I add my newborn to a family plan?
- Is my family doctor part of Cigna’s provider network? You can save more money by choosing in-network doctors.
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a copay? This is a flat fee you pay for each doctor visit or prescription drug. You may pay coinsurance, too.
Don’t worry. There are clear-cut answers to these questions. We’ll sift through the details–and help steer you to the individual health insurance plan that fits your needs.
The content on this page is applicable to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company medical plans which use the Cigna Open Access Plus and LocalPlus networks of participating providers.
We're Here to Help
Looking for information?
Need a quote? Ready to enroll?
Are you a current Cigna Customer?
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Have a licensed Cigna agent call youGet Started
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Get Help Choosing a Health Plan
8:00 am - 10:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday to speak with one of our knowledgeable insurance consultants.
Take a few minutes to fill in some basic information and we'll provide a no-obligation quote on affordable health plans.
Know which plan you want? It's easy to apply for affordable health plans with our secure online application process.
Explore how health care reform may impact you.
FIND A DOCTOR
Find a doctor, dentist, hospital, pharmacy or clinic in our network.
Already a Customer?
Log in to myCigna
Manage your health care plan, pay your premium, download forms, print temporary ID cards-and more.
Not registered yet?
Register now or take a site tour.
Go mobile! Get the myCigna Mobile app and take myCigna on the go!
24/7 Customer Service:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday
Add Dental Coverage to Your Plan:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday