Individual Health Insurance Plans
Your lifestyle is unique. So are your health insurance needs. You may be self-employed, not employed—or just searching for a new health insurance plan.
You want to prevent health problems. You want medical coverage when problems occur. And, you want to keep health care expenses as low as possible. Cigna can help guide you toward the individual health insurance plan that best meets your coverage needs and budget.
Let’s keep this simple
We have individual health insurance plans that fit your unique life stage. And, we’ve made “insurance shopping” easier. You get the benefit of online health insurance quotes with the ability to compare plans.
Cigna’s Individual and Family insurance plans are designed to work with your needs and your budget, offering a range of coverage options, quality care and helpful, easy-to-use tools and services. All of our plans offer:
- Coverage options to give you choices, so you can find what works best for you
- Affordable premiums and lower negotiated rates to help keep your costs down
- 100% in-network preventive care to help keep you healthy and well1
- A network of quality providers in your local area.
- 24/7 customer service to answer questions on your health care needs, providers, or claims — speaking in plain, simple language
- Tools and services to help make it easy for you to select plans and doctors, and predict costs
The Connect Network gives you access to personal care and attention from the in-network providers in your local area. With this network, you choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP). They will get to know your health care needs, coordinate your overall care and refer you to specialists when needed.
The Focus Network offers you a choice of quality care in your local area. You get access to top providers (that fit your personal needs) – no referral needed. Some of the health care professionals in our Network have separately earned the Cigna Care Designation – recognized for achieving top results on Cigna quality and cost-efficiency measures.
The LocalPlus Network is a smaller network of participating health care providers and hospitals within the larger Cigna Open Access Plus Network. Cigna contracts with the LocalPlus Network of health care providers to ensure that you have referral-free access to quality care and to help keep your health care costs lower. When traveling, visit LocalPlus professionals in other LocalPlus Network areas for in-network benefits. If outside of a LocalPlus Network area, access the Cigna Open Access Plus Network for in-network benefits.
Cigna’s Open Access Plus Network (OAP) provides access to a large national network of doctors, hospitals and facilities. You have the freedom to see any health care professional not in the OAP Network, and coverage for that service will be paid at the out-of-network benefit. Certain health care providers in the OAP network have earned the Cigna Care Designation. It recognizes providers for achieving top results on Cigna quality and cost-efficiency measures.
To find out if your health care professional is included in Cigna’s networks, please visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers.
1 Some preventive care services may not be covered, including most immunizations for travel. Refer to your policy for a complete listing of covered and non-covered services.
Get more from Cigna
We make sure you have access to valuable health services, including:
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery PharmacySM.Save on your prescriptions when you purchase through a retail pharmacy in the Cigna network, or get them delivered to your home through Cigna Home Delivery PharmacySM. It’s easy and convenient.
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you—customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also offers access to information specific to your plan.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a nurse who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions.
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Ready to start?
You're ready to choose an individual health insurance plan. First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
Things to consider:
- How often do you or your family visit doctors?
- Does your doctor participate in the Cigna network?
- Do you travel frequently and need coverage outside your local area?
- Do you have a child away at college?
- What prescription drugs do you need?
- Will you also need dental insurance?
- Will you qualify for federal financial assistance?
These are the basics that affect your choice of insurance coverage. Once you have those pinned down, take a look at our medical and dental plans.
If you’re confused about health care reform, don’t worry. Learn what the new health care reform law may mean for you.
The content on this page is applicable to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. medical plans which use the Cigna Open Access Plus, LocalPlus®, FocusIn, or Connect networks of participating providers.
We're Here to Help
Looking for information?
Are you a current Cigna Customer?
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Explore how health care reform may impact you.
FIND A DOCTOR
Find a doctor, dentist, hospital, pharmacy or clinic in our network.
Already a Customer?
Log in to myCigna
Manage your health care plan, pay your premium, download forms, print temporary ID cards-and more.
Not registered yet?
Register now or take a site tour.
Go mobile! Get the myCigna Mobile app and take myCigna on the go!
24/7 Customer Service:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday
Add Dental Coverage to Your Plan:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday