Individual Health Insurance Options
Your lifestyle is unique. So are your health insurance needs. You may be self-employed, not employed—or just searching for a better healthcare plan.
You want to prevent health problems. You want medical coverage when problems occur. And, you want to keep health care expenses as low as possible. That’s how Cigna can help. We will help guide you toward the individual health insurance plan you need.
Let’s keep this simple
We have individual health insurance plans that fit your unique life stage. And, we’ve made “insurance shopping” easier. You get the benefit of online health insurance quotes with the ability to compare plans.
Health Insurance Plans
For 2014, we created a smaller network with a limited number of providers so we can pass the resulting savings on to you. Our reform plans have Cigna's smaller LocalPlus Network. Don't let the name fool you — the network is local, but also available in other states. If you're away from home, you can still visit a LocalPlus doctor or facility.
When you choose a doctor or hospital in Cigna's LocalPlus Network,* you'll pay less out of pocket for providers who have been selected for this network.
Your current doctor may not be in the LocalPlus network, but you'll find many pre-screened quality choices in your area. To find providers in the LocalPlus network, including participating providers when you are away from home, please review the LocalPlus Network flyer, visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446.
*available only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Tennessee and Texas.
Health Savings Plans allows you to maximize your savings now and in the future with these high deductible plans. Plans offer low premiums and 100% coverage on qualified health services (excluding non-preferred drugs) once you’ve reached your deductible. And they’re paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA), which helps you budget and save for current and future health care costs.
myCigna Health Flex Plans are just that: flexible. These plans offer a wide choice of plan options to balance your needs for affordability and access to care - making them a favorite to those who value flexibility.
Copay Assure Plans are a good choice if you like the simplicity and security of knowing what you’ll pay when you seek care. The simple, straight-forward design of these plans makes them easy to understand and use. And with no deductible to meet and fixed out-of-pocket costs when you seek care, these plans provide the most predictable expenses.
With these new plans from Cigna, you can find one that fits the unique person you are, so you can focus on the best things in your life.
More from Cigna…to help keep you healthy…
When you buy health insurance from Cigna, you get many more benefits to keep you healthy—and to help you save money:
- The option to buy dental insurance. Choice of benefits and premium levels to meet your needs and budget. No waiting period if you’ve had 12-months of continuous prior coverage (excludes orthodontia benefits), or if your child is enrolled in a pediatric dental plan. Save the most when you visit one of our in-network dentists from our large dental network. Discounted rates on out-of-network care when you see a dentist in our Dental Network Savings Program. Oral Health Integration Program included with every plan.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send your prescription drugs right to your home. You could save on 90-day refills of medications you take every day with our home delivery service. It’s easy and convenient.
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you—customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also lets you access information specific to your plan.
- Discounts on our health and wellness programs.** Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco counseling, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a specialist who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions including finding a doctor or hospital in your area or while you’re traveling. Out of the country? Just call collect.
If you’re confused about health care reform, don’t worry. The world of health insurance is changing, it’s true. You may be affected. Some people are not. Learn what the new health care reform law may mean for you.
Ready to start?
You're ready to choose an individual health insurance plan. First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
Things to consider:
- Will you need surgery this year?
- Will you need multiple doctor visits (more than six times) this year?
- Will you also need dental insurance?
- Will you qualify for federal financial assistance?
Call us! We’re here to help
Your situation is unique. So are your questions. We have people who can provide the answers you need. If you have questions about your health insurance quote—or questions about a plan—call 1.877.683.2268, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, to speak to a licensed agent.
Or, you can review the plans online.
Have more questions about medical insurance plans for individuals? You might want to ask us:
- Is my doctor part of your network? You can save more money by choosing in-network doctors.
- What are the deductibles? You pay this amount each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? You pay this percentage of costs after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a copay? This is a flat fee you pay for each doctor visit or prescription drugs. You may pay co-insurance, too.
- How are major health expenses like surgery covered?
Don’t worry. There are clear-cut answers to these questions. We’ll sift through the details–and help steer you to the individual health insurance plan that fits your needs.
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
** Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.
The content on this page is applicable to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company medical plans which use the Cigna Open Access Plus and LocalPlus networks of participating providers.
We're Here to Help
Find the Right Plan
Use our Plan E-Valuator to find a plan that fits your needs.Get Started
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Have a licensed Cigna agent call youGet Started
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Get Help Choosing a Health Plan
8:00 am - 10:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday to speak with one of our knowledgeable insurance consultants.
Take a few minutes to fill in some basic information and we'll provide a no-obligation quote.
Do you know which plan you want? It's easy to apply with our secure online application process.
Explore how health care reform may impact you.
FIND A DOCTOR
Find a doctor, dentist, hospital, pharmacy or clinic in our network.
Already a Customer?
Log in to myCigna
Manage your health care plan, pay your premium, download forms, print temporary ID cards-and more.
Not registered yet?
Register now or take a site tour.
Go mobile! Get the myCigna Mobile app and take myCigna on the go!
24/7 Customer Service:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday
Add Dental Coverage to Your Plan:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday