Colorado Eligibility Requirements
All applicants applying for coverage must meet age, dependent status and residency requirements.
Age and Dependent Requirements
- Dependent children are eligible up to age 26.
- A newborn child or newly adopted child or child newly placed in foster care, born to or adopted by or placed in foster care with an enrolled subscriber, may be added to the subscriber’s plan within 61 days of the birth, adoption, or placement. Requests for enrollment beyond 61 days of the birth, adoption, or placement will need to wait until the next open enrollment period.
- Grandchildren and foreign exchange students are NOT eligible dependents.
All applicants and dependents 18 years and older must sign and date the application.
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present in the United States, and is reasonably expected to be a citizen, national, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present for the entire period for which enrollment is sought.
- Citizens/expatriates who have been living and working outside the U.S. and who are in process of returning to the U.S. are eligible to apply; the requested effective date must be after their return to the U.S.
- Applicants must reside in the following Colorado counties at the time of application:
- Colorado Springs
- El Paso
- Dependents are not required to share the same address as the primary policyholder.
rate this page