Tennessee Eligibility Requirements
All applicants applying for coverage must meet dependent status and residency requirements.
- Dependent children are eligible up to age 26.
- A newborn child or newly adopted child, born or adopted to an enrolled subscriber, may be added to the subscriber's plan within 61 days of the birth or adoption. Requests for enrollment beyond 61 days of the birth or adoption will need to wait until the next open enrollment period.
- Grandchildren, foreign exchange students and foster children are NOT eligible dependents.
- Is a citizen or national of the United States, or is a non-citizen who is lawfully present in the United States, and is reasonably expected to be a citizen, national, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present for the entire period for which enrollment is sought.
- Citizens residing within the U.S. must reside within the service area within the State of Tennessee at time of application.
- Citizens/Expatriates who have been living and working outside the U.S. and who are in process of returning to the U.S. are eligible to apply; the requested effective date must be after their return to the U.S.