Your family needs you. And you want to help prevent the stress and financial hardship caused by health problems. That's why Cigna offers affordable family health insurance plans, including:
- Open Access Plans (OAP). Choose the doctors you want to see in-network or out-of-network. It's up to you. Choosing an in-network doctor offers greater savings. No referral required to see a specialist.
- Open Access Value Plans. Same freedom of choice as Open Access plans with a lower monthly premium and a higher annual deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Health Savings Plans. High deductible plan that is compatible with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for current medical expenses or save for future ones.
Affordable plans that help you manage your family's health
We make sure your family has the benefits and services you need to help you manage their health, including:
- Freedom to choose which doctors to see and when. No referrals are required. You save more though, when you see a doctor in large, Open Access Network.
- The option to buy dental insurance Cigna dental insurance covers a range of services, such as check-ups, X-rays, fillings and even root canals.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it's more convenient for you, we'll send your prescription drugs right to your home.
- Online health management. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards-or learn about healthy living habits with our online health library.
- Discounts on health and wellness programs.* Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7 nurse line. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about common health concerns.
Choosing a health insurance plan?
Your family's lifestyle and health care needs are important to think about before you choose a health insurance plan with health services.
You might want to ask yourself:
- Is someone in your family expecting surgery?
- Does your family also need dental insurance?
- How often does your family visit doctors?
- Does anyone have an ongoing health condition?
If you have questions, call , 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday.
You might want to ask us:
- When can I add my newborn to a family plan?
- Can I insure my grandchildren?
- Is my family doctor part of Cigna's network?
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a co-pay? This is a flat fee you pay in addition to any coinsurance for services such as doctor visits or prescription drugs.
We'll help you find the answers you need-so you can feel confident your family will get the health insurance coverage to maintain their health. We're here to help you live better.
* Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.