Making sure your health is covered is an important part of being able to enjoy your retirement. With a Cigna individual health insurance plan, as an early retiree (individuals up to age 64-1/2), you'll get the care you need, when you need it.
Cigna offers affordable health insurance plan options for early retirees, including:
- Open Access Plans (OAP). Choose the doctors you want to see in-network or out-of-network. It's up to you. Choosing an in-network doctor offers greater savings. No referral required to see a specialist.
- Open Access Value Plans. Same freedom of choice as Open Access plans with a lower monthly premium and a higher annual deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Health Savings Plans. High deductible plan that is compatible with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for current medical expenses or save for future ones.
Insurance plans that meet the needs of early retirees
We make sure you have the benefits you need to manage your health, including:
- Freedom to choose in our individual health insurance plans which doctors to see and when. No referrals are required. You save more though, when you see a doctor in large, Open Access Network.
- The option to buy dental insurance. Cigna dental insurance covers a range of services, such as check-ups, X-rays, fillings and even root canals.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it's more convenient for you, we'll send your prescription drugs right to your home.
- Online health management. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards-or learn about healthy living habits with our online health library.
- Discounts on health and wellness programs.* Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7 nurse line. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about common health concerns.
Searching for a health insurance plan?
Your lifestyle and ongoing health care needs are important to consider when choosing a health insurance and health services plan. You might want to ask yourself:
- How often do you visit the doctor?
- Are you expecting to have surgery in the coming year?
- Do you also need dental insurance?
If you have questions, call , 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday.
You might want to ask us:
- Is your doctor is part of our network?
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a co-pay? This is a flat fee you pay in addition to any coinsurance for services such as doctor visits or prescription drugs.
We’ll put your mind at ease and help you pick the type of plan that's best for you. This way, you can get back to enjoying your retirement.
* Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.