If you're exploring the next step in your career, you need options. Maybe you need an individual health insurance plan that covers you for the short term until your next job. If you're a young adult in transition, maybe you need temporary health insurance coverage until you start your first job.
Whatever your situation, Cigna offers affordable short term health insurance options for people between jobs, including:
- Open Access Plans (OAP). Choose the doctors you want to see in-network or out-of-network. It's up to you. Choosing an in-network doctor offers greater savings. No referral required to see a specialist.
- Open Access Value Plans. Same freedom of choice as Open Access plans with a lower monthly premium and a higher annual deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Health Savings Plans. High deductible plan that is compatible with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for current medical expenses or save for future ones.
An affordable health insurance plan with great benefits
We make sure you have the benefits you need to manage your health, including:
- Freedom to choose in our individual health insurance plans which doctors to see and when. No referrals are required. You save more though, when you see a doctor in our large, Open Access Network.
- The option to buy dental insurance. Cigna dental insurance covers a range of services, such as check-ups, X-rays, fillings and even root canals.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it's more convenient for you, we'll send your prescription drugs right to your home.
- Online health management. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards-or learn about healthy living habits with our online health library.
- Discounts on health and wellness programs.* Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7 nurse line. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about common health concerns.
Looking for short-term health insurance?
First, think about your lifestyle and health goals. These affect the type of plan that would work best for you.
You might want to ask yourself:
- How often do you visit the doctor?
- Are you expecting to have surgery?
- Do you deal with an ongoing medical condition, like asthma?
- Do you also need dental insurance?
If you have questions, call , 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday.
You might want to ask us:
- Is your doctor in the Cigna network?
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a co-pay? This is a flat fee you pay in addition to any coinsurance for services such as doctor visits or prescription drugs.
We'll provide you with the information you need to pick the type of temporary health insurance plan that's best for you. This way, you can get back to focusing on the next step in your career.
* Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.