Cigna offers health insurance plans and well-being services for people looking for coverage outside of their employers. So whether you're self-employed, not employed or just searching for a better health care plan, you'll find affordable health insurance and health services to support you from Cigna. All of our plans offer discounts on health and wellness programs and 24/7 customer support.
Individual health plans with great benefits
Our plans are designed to meet your needs and offer:
- Freedom to choose which doctors to see and when. No referrals are required. You save more though, when you see a doctor in our large, Open Access Network.
- The option to buy dental insurance. Cigna dental insurance covers a range of services, such as check-ups, X-rays, fillings and even root canals.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. If it’s more convenient for you, we’ll send your prescription drugs right to your home.
- Online health management. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards-or learn about healthy living habits with our online health library.
- Discounts on health and wellness programs.* Get discounts on weight management and nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, mind/body, vision and hearing care, vitamins, alternative medicine, dental care and healthy lifestyle products.
- 24/7 nurse line. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about common health concerns.
Choosing a health insurance plan with health services?
Your lifestyle and health care needs are important to think about before you choose a health insurance plan. If you go to the doctor often or are considering surgery, your needs are different than someone who only goes to the doctor for routine check-ups.
You might want to ask yourself:
- Are you planning to have surgery this year?
- Do you go to the doctor more than six times a year?
- Do you also need dental insurance?
If you have questions, call
, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Monday through Friday.
You might want to ask us:
- Is your doctor is part of our network?
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a co-pay? This is a flat fee you pay in addition to any coinsurance for services such as doctor visits or prescription drugs.
- How are major health expenses, such as surgery or in-hospital stays, covered?
We’ll give you the answers you need to help you choose the best individual health insurance plan and health services for you.
* Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna HealthCare plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. Healthy Rewards programs are separate from your medical coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.