The following information is provided to help you choose the best possible benefit plan for you or a loved one. Cigna offers prescription drug plans in all states. In the state of Arizona, an integrated medical and prescription drug plan is available in certain counties. And Cigna HealthSpring sells Medicare Advantage plans in some states as well.
Use this checklist to make sure you have all the information you'll need to find a plan that best meets your needs:
Pharmacy coverage considerations
- Make a list of all your current medications.
- Visit the plan's formulary (drug list) to compare the medications each plan covers and how much they cost.
- Check to see if your pharmacy is part of the plan's network.
- Compare the overall costs associated with each available plan. There are several to consider:
- Monthly premium amount
- Monthly medication costs
- What you'll pay after your yearly drug costs reach the coverage gap
- If the plan you are considering offers supplemental gap coverage beyond what is mandated by Health Care Reform
- What you'll pay after yearly costs reach the out-of-pocket limit
- If the plan has a deductible -- an amount you must pay yourself before the plan pays for services