2014 Cigna Medicare Rx® - Compare our Plans
Finding the right Medicare prescription drug plan to meet your individual needs can be confusing. That's why Cigna offers people who are 65 and older, in all 50 states, three unique prescription drug plans with different levels of coverage.
Depending on your current healthcare needs and budget, we can provide the best possible plan that works for you. Whether you are fully retired or are covered under an existing employers’ health plan, let Cigna can assist you in finding the right amount of coverage.
Let’s take a look at the three plans:
Interested in the premiums charged by each plan for your specific state? View Premiums by State for each of our plans.
Tier 1 Drugs – Includes medications for blood pressure, heart health, ulcer therapy, diabetes, cholesterol, osteoporosis, glaucoma, alzheimers, thyroid and more.
- Catastrophic Coverage – All plans have Catastrophic Coverage. After out-of-pocket costs for your Part D drugs reach $4,550 you pay 5% of covered drug costs or if higher $2.55 (generic or brands treated as generic) and $6.35 (all other drugs).
- Standard coverage gap – You will pay approximately 47.5% on brand-name drugs and 72% of generic drug costs (does not apply if you are receiving Extra Help).
- Extra Help – Premiums, copays, coinsurance and deductibles may vary based on your Medicaid eligibility category and/or the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.
- Extra Help-Preferred Pharmacies – If you receive Extra Help from Medicare you will pay your reduced copay at a preferred or non-preferred pharmacy in many cases. However, for all Tier 1 drugs, the $0 dollar copay at a preferred pharmacy may be less than your Extra Help copay.
- Cigna Home Delivery – Provides savings of $10, compared to the preferred pharmacy stores, for a 90-day supply.
1 Ranges are state variations. You can review the expected copays by state for each plan.
There are 62,000 pharmacies in Cigna's network, including retail and independent. For 2014, we have designated certain pharmacies in our network as preferred pharmacies, where our Cigna customers will receive extra savings and even lower copays. Learn more about these savings at our preferred pharmacies.