Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx (AZ only) Drug List/Formulary
Our comprehensive formulary is a list of covered drugs selected by Cigna in consultation with a team of health care professionals, which represents the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program.
The Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx drug list may change during the year. Cigna will post a notice on this site at least 60 days before removing a Part D drug from the drug list or making any changes in the preferred or tier cost-sharing status of a covered Part D drug.
Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx covers both brand name and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredient formula as a brand name drug. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
For information on how to obtain an exception to the Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx formulary or for alternate coverage options, contact Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx Customer Service at 1-800-627-7534 (TTY 711), 7 days a week, 8 am – 8 pm. Hours apply Monday – Friday, February 15 – September 30.
Please Note: The following information is not intended for individuals in employer group-sponsored plans. If you are in a group plan, please call the phone number on your Cigna ID card or contact your plan administrator if you have questions.
Generally all medications on the drug list are available through mail order except when special circumstances or situations prohibit mailing a particular medication to your home
Search the full drug list
- View the complete Formulary (drug list)
If you are unable to locate a drug on the complete drug list, please use the search tool above to look up the drug, or refer to the "View the changes to the Formulary (drug list) below." For the most recent list of drugs, please call customer service.
- View the changes to the Formulary (drug list)
- View the prior authorization criteria (including B vs. D)
View the prior authorization criteria
- View the Step Therapy criteria
- Special Circumstances
Covered Part D drugs are available in special circumstances, including illness while traveling outside of the Cigna service area where there is no network pharmacy.
Under limited circumstances, you may obtain up to a 30-day supply of your prescription drug from out-of-network pharmacies. The following situations are the only times you will be able to obtain drugs from out-of-network pharmacies. For cost-sharing information regarding prescriptions filled at out-of-network pharmacies, consult your Evidence of Coverage.
- When you are traveling outside the Cigna service area (within the United States) and you run out of or lose your prescription drug(s), or become ill and need a covered drug;
- When you cannot obtain an emergency or urgently needed covered prescription drug in a timely manner;
- When you reside in a long-term care facility and the contracted long-term care pharmacy does not participate in the Cigna pharmacy network; or
- When you must fill a prescription for a covered drug, and that particular drug is not regularly stocked at accessible network or retail pharmacies.
Note: Drugs covered under Medicare Part B may not be obtained from an out-of-network pharmacy.
- What if I take multiple drugs for a chronic illness?
Learn more about our Medication Therapy Management Program.
Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx customers have the option of receiving routine maintenance prescription medications through Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy.
Home delivery is designed especially for people who take prescription medications on an ongoing basis. This includes medications for allergies, arthritis, asthma, diabetes, heart conditions, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and many more.
- For more information
Call 1-800-627-7534 (TTY: 711)
October 1 - February 14: 7 days a week, 8 am to 8 pm, Arizona time.
February 15 - September 30: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 8 pm Arizona time (a voicemail system is available on weekends and holidays).
- 2014 Transitional Benefit Policy