Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program
Our Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program is a component of Cigna Medicare Rx® (PDP) prescription drug plans and Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx® (HMO) medical plans with prescription drug coverage. The program may assist qualified customers who meet all of the following criteria:
- Have 3 of the following chronic conditions: Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Chronic Heart Failure, Dyslipidemia, or Hypertension.
- Take 6 or more Part D covered drugs to treat their condition(s).
- Expect to spend $3144 for Part D covered drugs in 2013.
If you have questions about your eligibility for the MTM program, please contact us.
Why is MTM important?
MTM can help identify potential errors and gaps in your care by:
- Helping reduce the risk of medication errors - especially if you have chronic conditions, take several medications, or see multiple doctors
- Providing current information on proven medical practices to help you and your doctor determine the most effective treatment
- Helping you understand your condition and medications, so you can take an active role in managing your health.
Cigna Medicare Rx and Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx have a team of pharmacists and clinicians who may communicate with you and your doctor to help you understand your condition(s) and the prescriptions you take, whether they are right for you, and if you are taking them according to your doctor's directions. We will alert your doctor about safety issues and potential gaps in care that we identify. As a participant in the MTM Program, you are also offered a comprehensive medication review with a pharmacist at no additional charge.
Survey says - both customers and doctors see value in Cigna's Medication Therapy Management program.
- Customer satisfaction survey response:
- Average program rating consistently over 9.9 (out of possible 10) since inception
- Doctor survey response:
- Average 70% of doctors find the information provided through our intervention beneficial. Some respondents even indicated that they plan to take action specific to issues we have identified
Your MTM program participation may help improve your overall health and reduce your risk for serious medication reactions, hospitalization and emergency room visits. Depending on your diagnosis, it may help you improve, for example, your cholesterol levels, reduce your risk of heart attack or help to manage your blood sugar levels.
How much will this program cost?
There is no extra cost for this program. While not considered a Medicare benefit, the MTMP program is part of the plan you select for coverage.
How do I get started?
If you qualify you will automatically receive a welcome packet from us, and will be automatically enrolled in our MTM Program, unless you decline to enroll in the program.
Have more questions?
Please Contact Us