2013 Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) Plans
(available in Maricopa County and certain Zip codes in Pinal County, Arizona)
Better Benefits. Better Value.
When you choose a Medicare Advantage plan from Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO), you get a plan that's all about you. We're rated 4.5 out of 5 stars for 2013 for helping you stay healthy and happy. (You won't find a Medicare plan that's rated higher in Arizona)
You'll get affordable, quality benefits to improve your health and save you money. And - new for 2013 - we have expanded our network of primary care physicians. You can now choose your primary care physician at Cigna Medical Group or among select contracted physicians in the community.
Cigna Medical Group (CMG) has over 25 locations valley wide to serve you. At most of the CMG medical offices you can see your doctor, get lab tests, prescriptions and medical imaging - all under one roof. Some locations also provide same-day, after-hours, and weekend hours.
Or search for a doctor near you.
Four Plans to Choose From:
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Standard (HMO) - $0 monthly premium
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Premium (HMO) - $25 monthly premium
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Dual (HMO SNP) - $0 monthly premium
- Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Diabetes Heart (HMO SNP) - $0 monthly premium
Our affordable plans include all the benefits of Original Medicare and more - minus the claim forms. You'll get hospital and emergency room coverage, plus coverage for brand name and generic drugs. We also offer an optional dental plan. You'll have access to programs that other plans may not have, including free wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement with no network limitations, and preventive outreaches to help keep you healthier.
All of the Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plans include:
- PCP, Specialist and Urgent Care visits
- $0 copay for many preventive services
- A comprehensive formulary covering the most commonly-used drugs
- Golden Vitality - a health & wellness program that includes a $200 gym reimbursement
For more detailed information about Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx, refer to the Summaries of Benefits below. The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. For more information, please contact us
2013 Summaries of Benefits
The Medicare Program rates how well Medicare Prescription Drug Plans perform in different categories. Check out Cigna's Medicare Rx plan rating. Here is the current Medicare report English | en Español for Cigna's Medicare Rx plans.
You can also log on to www.medicare.gov.
Multi-language interpreter services
After you've enrolled in a Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plan, you'll be eligible to enroll in Golden Vitality, our FREE wellness program designed to help you be well and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Golden Vitality participants are eligible for a gym membership reimbursement of up to $200 per year with no network limitations. And, you'll receive a FREE t-shirt just for enrolling in the program! Learn more about Golden Vitality to get started!
Cigna Dental Care Plan
Once you have chosen the Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plan that is best for you, you have the option of enrolling in the Cigna Dental Care Plan. For an additional monthly premium of just $20, you can add dental coverage that includes:
- Office visits for just $5
- No charge for X-rays
- No charge for cleanings (every 6 months)
- The Cigna Dental HMO network that includes more than 150 dental offices Valleywide
Enrolling in a Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) plan
How to enroll in a plan
Enrolling in a Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plan is easy!
You may be enrolled in only one Medicare Advantage Plan at a time and as a member of one of our Cigna Medicare plans, you must receive your prescription drug benefit through Cigna. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply
Eligibility | En Español
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period runs from October 15 through December 7, 2012. During this time, you may switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another. Certain exceptions apply if you wish to enroll outside of this enrollment period.
You may be eligible to enroll in a Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plan if:
- You are entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
- You live in the service area of Maricopa County or certain zip codes within Apache Junction or Queen Creek, Arizona
- You do not have End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), unless you are a member of our plan and have been since your dialysis began
- For specific information about Medicare enrollment periods, call 1-800-592-9231 (TTY: 1-800-987-8816), 8 am to 8 pm, Monday - Friday
- Additional enrollment criteria for those individuals wishing to enroll in the Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Dual plan:
- In addition to the above criteria, you must also be eligible for Medicaid benefits through the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
Your benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1, 2013. Please contact us for details.
Best Available Evidence
If you are eligible for Medicaid and you believe our information about your Medicaid eligibility is incorrect, you may be able to submit evidence of your current Medicaid status. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-627-7534, 8 am - 8 pm, Monday - Friday. TTY users should call 1-800-987-8816. Please access the CMS website to find out more.
Extra Help | en Español
You may be able to get extra help for your prescription drug plan costs. To see if you qualify for getting extra help, call
- Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 am and 7 pm, Monday - Friday. (TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-325-0778)
- Your State Medicaid office.
If you have a limited income, you may qualify for Extra Help to pay for your prescription drug costs. If you qualify, Medicare could pay for up to seventy-five (75) percent or more of your drug costs including monthly prescription drug premiums, annual deductibles, and coinsurance. Additionally, if you qualify you will not be subject to the coverage gap or a late enrollment penalty. Many people are eligible for these savings and don't even know it.
In addition, you may be eligible to receive the Low Income Subsidy. Click here for more information.
If you have questions about Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx® (HMO) plans or need more information, contact us.
"Cigna," "Cigna Medicare Services," "Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx" (HMO) and "Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Dual" (HMO SNP) are registered service marks, and the "Tree of Life" logo and "Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx - Diabetes Heart" (HMO SNP) are service marks, of Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc., licensed for use by Cigna Corporation and its operating subsidiaries. All products and services are provided by or through such operating subsidiaries, including Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc. (CHC-AZ), and not by Cigna Corporation. CHC-AZ is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract and a dual special needs plan contract with the Arizona Medicaid (AHCCCS) program. As of the date of publication, Cigna Medicare Select Plus Rx plans are offered to employers and individuals in Maricopa County and certain zip codes within Apache Junction and Queen Creek, Arizona only.