Compare plans and apply for Medicare
Answer a few questions to find the plan that is right for you.
8 am to 8 pm local time,
7 days a week
TTY/TDD users call
The A, B, C, Ds of Medicare Medicare Advantage Plans Part C
Medicare Advantage plans - also known as Medicare Part C plans - provide all of your Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical) coverage and must cover all medically necessary services. You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B to join. These plans are part of the government's Medicare program but they are offered and managed through approved private insurers, and may offer plan extras not found in Original Medicare. There are various types of health care plans available â€" many of which you may find familiar such as HMO, PPO and Private Fee-for-Service plans. CIGNA offers a Medicare Advantage plan in certain counties in Arizona.
In a Medicare Advantage plan you will continue to pay the Part B premium and you may also have to pay the Medicare Advantage plan's premium. Like Part A and Part B, you will usually have to pay some out-of-pocket costs (such as copayments or coinsurance) for certain services but these amounts are generally lower than in the Original Medicare plans where costs vary, depending on the services you use.
- Your costs may be lower than in the Original Medicare Plan.
- You may get extra benefits offered by the plan such as coverage for vision, hearing, dental and wellness programs, as well as special discounts on health-related items.
- Prescription drug coverage may be included as part of the plan.
- You don't need to buy a plan to supplement Medicare Part A and Part B.
- You still have all of the rights and protections offered through the Medicare program.
- You may qualify for help paying for premiums.