General open enrollment is from October 15th to December 7th, each year but you may qualify for an exception to this enrollment period. Call us at 1-800-735-1459 (TTY/TDD users call 1-800-322-1451) to find out if you qualify.
The CIGNA Medicare Rx plans are offered in every state and the District of Columbia. The following eligibility rules apply:
- You must be entitled to Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B
- You must live in the CIGNA Medicare Rx® service area
- You may only enroll in one Medicare prescription drug plan at a time
- You may not be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan (HMO, PPO) or a Medicare Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) plan that includes Medicare prescription drugs, unless you disenroll from the HMO, PPO or MA PFFS plan or you enrolled in an 1876 Cost Plan
- You may join CIGNA Medicare Rx only during certain times of the year
If you have Prescription Drug coverage from an employer or union, joining Medicare Rx Prescription Drug Plan may change how your current coverage works. Read the communications your employer or union send you or contact the office listed in their communications.
If you are enrolling in November or December of 2011, your benefits, formulary/drug list, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1, 2012. Please contact CIGNA Medicare Rx for details.