Compare plans and apply for Medicare
Answer a few questions to find the plan that is right for you.
8 am to 8 pm local time,
7 days a week
TTY/TDD users call
Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)
Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP) is a component of CIGNA Medicare Rx® (PDP) prescription drug plans and CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx® (HMO) medical plans with prescription drug coverage. The program may assist qualified customers who:
- Take multiple prescription drugs
- Have chronic conditions
- Expect to spend a significant amount of money on prescription drugs each year
Why is MTMP important?
MTMP can help identify potential errors and gaps in your care by:
- Helping reduce the risk of medication errors - especially if you have chronic conditions, take several medications or see multiple doctors
- Providing current information on proven medical practices to help you and your doctor determine the most effective treatment
- Helping you understand your condition and medications, so you can take an active role in managing your health.
CIGNA Medicare Rx and CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx have a team of pharmacists and clinicians who may communicate with you and your doctor to help you understand your condition(s) and the prescriptions you take, whether they are right for you, and if you are taking them according to your doctor's directions. We will alert your doctor about safety issues and potential gaps in care that we identify. As a participant in MTMP, you are also offered a comprehensive medication review with a pharmacist at no additional charge.
Your MTMP participation may help improve your overall health and reduce your risk for serious medication reactions, hospitalization and emergency room visits. Depending on your diagnosis, it may help you improve, for example, your cholesterol levels, reduce your risk of heart attack or help to manage your blood sugar levels.
How much will this program cost?
There is no extra cost for this program. While not considered a Medicare benefit, the MTMP program is part of the plan you select for coverage.
How do I get started?
If you qualify you will automatically receive a welcome packet from us, and will be automatically enrolled in our MTM Program, unless you decline to enroll in the program.