CIGNA Medicare Access® (PFFS)
- A Medicare Advantage plan (sometimes called Medicare Part C) approved and funded by the U.S. government and offered with or without prescription drug coverage.
- Available to employer groups nationwide, as well as directly to individuals in select counties in 27 states (AL, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, LA, ME, MA, MO, NH, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA and WV).
- No networks or referrals.
- Providers do not need to sign a contract with CIGNA but must agree to CIGNA's
terms and conditions of payment of the plan. While a signed contract is not required for participation we do have contracts available upon request. Please contact CIGNA Medicare Customer Service at 1-800-577-9410.
- Covered individuals pay either a copay or coinsurance for office visits.
- Offered by
CIGNA, a company with 80 years of health care benefit experience.
Advantages to Providers
- One source for payment with payments based on Original Medicare rules and fee schedules.
- Allows providers who do not accept assignment from Original Medicare to collect the covered individual's cost share and up to the Medicare limiting charge.
- Does not require a contract with CIGNA. A beneficiary enrolled in these plans is free to use any provider who accepts Original Medicare payment, who is willing to treat the enrollee, and who accepts CIGNA's terms and conditions of payment.
- No authorizations or referrals are required for any services (however, authorizations may be required for prescription drug coverage).
- Preadmission certification is not required, but recommended. This is one way our nurses and social workers can let you and your covered patients know about CIGNA programs that may be of assistance during and after an inpatient admission.
- Pre-service authorizations (otherwise referred to as Advanced Determinations) are available by calling our CIGNA Medicare Customer Service department at 1-800-577-9410 (TTY/TDD users call 1-800-576-1314).
- Proven reliable, friendly and efficient service.
You have two options for submitting your CIGNA Medicare Access (PFFS) claims electronically:
- By directly connecting to CIGNA systems using free software from Post-N-Track, or
- By using a clearinghouse.
Post-N-Track software is offered free to providers. Contact Post-N-Track at 1-860-257-2030 or log on to
www.Post-N-Track.com and click Enroll. Post-N-Track is easy to install and the software can be downloaded in less than 5 minutes. No changes are required to your existing claim system. The software is easy to use and no training is necessary.
If you do not have an existing relationship with a clearinghouse, you can contact Emdeon at 1-877-363-3666 or at
www.emdeon.com to register.
The CIGNA Medicare Access (PFFS) payer ID is 86033.
Claims may also be submitted manually to:
CIGNA Medicare Access (PFFS)
PO Box 696018
San Antonio, TX, 78269-6018
If you are enrolled to receive the Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) for your patients covered by other CIGNA plans, you will also receive them for your patients covered by CIGNA Medicare Access (PFFS) plans.
The CIGNA Medicare Access (PFFS) Customer Service Team is here to help answer your questions. Call 1-800-577-9410 (TTY/TDD users call 1-800-576-1314)
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week. (Hours apply Monday-Friday from March 2 - November 14)
You may also visit the CIGNA for Health Care Professionals website at