Compare plans and apply for Medicare
Answer a few questions to find the plan that is right for you.
8 am - 8 pm
7 days a week
TTY/TDD users call
Coverage for HIV Screenings
CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx covers both standard and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved HIV rapid screening tests for:
1. Annual voluntary HIV screening of Medicare beneficiaries at increased risk for HIV infection per U.S. Preventive Services Task Force guidelines, including:
- Men who have had sex with men after 1975;
- Men and women having unprotected sex with multiple partners;
- Past or present injection drug users;
- Men and women who exchange sex for money or drugs, or have sex partners who do;
- Individuals whose past or present sex partners were HIV-infected, bisexual or injection drug users;
- Persons being treated for sexually transmitted diseases;
- Persons with a history of blood transfusion between 1978 and 1985;
- Persons who request an HIV test despite reporting no individual risk factors, since this group is likely to include individuals not willing to disclose high-risk behaviors.
2. Voluntary HIV screening of pregnant Medicare beneficiaries when the diagnosis of pregnancy is known, during the third trimester, and at labor. For cost-sharing information, see your Evidence of Coverage..