Education and Workforce Development
The Cigna Foundation supports underserved populations by investing in students at all education levels. New applications will be accepted from April 10, 2023 – May 5, 2023, 5 pm, ET.
The Cigna Foundation knows the importance of addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) in order to achieve greater health outcomes, including the vital elements of education and employment.
We are investing in students enrolled in pre-K, K-8, high school, and post-secondary and adult education. Additionally, the Cigna Foundation is taking a broader look at education by working to increase the cultural competency of health care professionals by helping them to better understand health disparities among vulnerable populations.
To further the mission of advancing the education and employment of tomorrow’s workforce, the Cigna Foundation has created new grant programs focusing on different stages of a person’s educational journey.
While every program will have specific requirements, each will have these common characteristics:
- Funding requests should be between $50,000-$125,000 and for one year only.
- All applicants need to be a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit at the time of application.
Successful submissions will clearly articulate the field of work that will be undertaken and should:
- Show support for persons who are residing in underserved, underrepresented or vulnerable communities or other geographic regions
- Demonstrate experience in working with and understanding success for vulnerable, disparate, and/or marginalized communities
- Address disparities among the specific population to be served
- Show a sophisticated understanding of the use of data to inform and evaluate the proposed work
- Intend to apply a racial equity lens to project design and data analyses
- Include a high-level breakdown of the estimated budget
The Cigna Foundation values innovation and we hope to leave space for diverse and creative ideas while being able to measure results to demonstrate impact. We have not recommended a prescribed approach to what implementation should look like, and leave that to the discretion of applicants. Please review the information below to determine program alignment.
Education and Workforce Development Grant Programs
Kindergarten – 8 (K-8)
Post-Secondary and Adult Education
For more information,
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.