Cigna has dedicated employees globally, working to deliver results every day for delivering connected, personalized, and affordable health services.
Finding and nurturing the best talent is critical to the success of our organization and achieving our mission. We strive to create a culture that emphasizes the following guiding values:
- We care deeply about our customers, patients, and coworkers
- We partner, collaborate, and keep our promises
- We innovate and adapt
- We act with speed and purpose
- We create a better future--together
You. At your best.
"You. At your best." is our commitment to help Cigna employees bring their best self to work each day. It confirms the role we play in helping protect the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.
Connecting you to our mission, and to one another.
Teaming up to boost your health and well-being.
Benefits to make the most of your money.
Time away is good for the soul.
Pay and recognition for all you contribute.
Tools to unleash your full potential.
Employee Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We recognize the importance of maintaining a balanced and healthy life and know that balance is defined differently by every employee. Providing resources that help people navigate their Work/Life is part of our business.
To meet the varying needs of our employee population, we continue to expand the number of options for our employees, which include:
- Personal Health and Well-being
- Health Benefits
- Healthy choices, discounts, and free infused water in on-site cafes*
- On-site clinics*
- On-site health coaches*
- On-site fitness centers and classes*
- On-site meditation rooms and classes*
- On-site biometric exams*
- On-site Employee Assistance Program counselors
- Company-wide well-being campaigns–fitness challenge, mental health training sessions
- Digital apps to support wellbeing–nutrition, resiliency, virtual group exercise
- Flu prevention program
- Mobile mammography
- Personal development
- Career advising
- Employee education and tuition assistance
- Coaching and mentoring programs
- Family Health
- Paid new child bonding time
- Paid leave to support seriously ill family member
- Adoption support
- Dependent care assistance programs
- Eldercare programs
- Flexible work options–flex schedules, telecommuting
- Nursing mother's rooms
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies support program
- Returning moms buddy program
- Community Health
- Community Ambassador Fellowship–paid time away with stipend to focus on mission aligned community work
- Volunteer time off
- Volunteer opportunities
- Matching grants
- Financial Health
- 401(k) program with match
- Financial wellness education
- Company provide and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long term disability plans
- Voluntary benefits to provide income protection
- Relocation benefits
- Discount programs
Additional information can be found on our Careers webpages.
In 2018, Cigna voluntarily raised minimum wage for U.S. employees to $16.00 an hour and provided salary increases above the $16 an hour level, largely to front line employees, an investment in employee wages of more than $15 million.
Each year, Cigna conducts a global employee engagement survey where employees are invited to share their thoughts on a wide range of topics. We continue to use the survey results to identify ways to strengthen our culture, simplify processes, and improve the experiences our customers have when interacting with Cigna.
Throughout 2018, we also conducted frequent pulse surveys to measure our progress on our improvement activities. These surveys help us understand what matters most to employees, which informs our ongoing engagement and communication activities. Cigna remains on the rigorous journey to transition from an engaged to an inspired workforce. In 2018, Cigna employees (94%) stated that Cigna inspires them to "go above and beyond" their normal job duties to help them succeed.
We use our surveys to gain insights into our biggest opportunities for improvements. For example, results from previous surveys informed us that we can help alleviate our employees' stress by improving our work processes. As a result, we launched a Cigna Connections survey with questions designed to better understand how we work together. The insights from the survey will help to identify ways to both help those employees who are overloaded reduce stress as well as improve processes. This information will also be instrumental as we strive to be a more connected and inspired workforce.
Disclaimer: The report covers calendar year 2018 and unless otherwise noted, excludes the combination with Express Scripts, which closed on December 20, 2018.